KNOW BEFORE YOU BUY
The appeal of electric vehicles is gaining momentum. The push for greater mileage in terms of MPG that began in the second half of the last century has been joined by the push for greater miles per charge. Before purchasing an electric vehicle (EV), consider the following information.
YOU MIGHT BE A GOOD CANDIDATE IF YOU...
- Drive 20+ miles per day.
- Want to limit your use of gasoline.
- Want to spend less time and money at the repair shop.
- Want to reduce your noise pollution.
- Today's battery ranges can go up to 300 miles on a full charge (depending on the model).
- According to various surveys, EVs are very responsive and accelerate quickly, which is a common misconception.
- Prices on EVs have come down and manufacturers continue to release new models with even farther battery ranges.
- There are many public charging stations across Iowa. Visit the Dept. of Energy's website to locate a station near you.
A federal tax credit for new, qualified electric vehicles may be available for up to $7,500. To learn more visit the IRS page here.
ELECTRIC VEHICLE TYPES
CHOOSE A MODEL
Need help choosing which kind of electric vehicle to buy? Check out the U.S. Consumer's Guide to Electric Vehicles.