Midland Power Cooperative is currently seeking a self-motivated individual to join its team full-time as an ACCOUNTANT at its JEFFERSON, IA Headquarters.
- Prepares ledgers, journals, registers, and subsidiary records in conformance with generally accepted accounting practices and procedures.
- Processes invoices, miscellaneous receivables, work orders, and other paperwork.
- Applies accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital. Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected financial position.
- Stays current on the RUS system of accounts and accounting practices.
- Processes payroll including deductions, taxes, accrued, and taken leave. Prepares and files W-2 forms and all other require documents (i.e. 1099 forms).
- Supports Midland Power's Mission Statement and exemplifies the organizational values of teamwork, accountability, safety, integrity, excellence and commitment to community.
Skills & Abilities:
Must demonstrate good communication skills with coworkers, supervisor(s), members, vendors, and other parties. Proficiency in cost accounting skills and abilities is required. Be willing to learn about the Cooperative’s services and programs, processes, and procedures. Possess the ability to handle a variety of diverse tasks including multiple projects and be able to meet deadlines. Must have experience using Microsoft Office programs and the ability to learn new software programs related to the industry and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Prior accounting experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
A valid Driver's License is required.
How to Apply:
Email a resume to Kara at [email protected]
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
All applicants who are selected for a position within Midland Power are required to pass a physical examination, background check, and drug test when employed.
Midland Power Cooperative provides its full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances, sick leave, vacation, holiday pay and 401K.
Midland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.