APPRENTICE / JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
Midland Power Cooperative is currently seeking a self-motivated, mechanically-inclined individual to join its team full-time as an APPRENTICE or JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN at our Boone service center in Boone, IA.
- Exemplify the organizational values of teamwork, accountability, safety, integrity, excellence and commitment to community as it pertains to Midland Power’s Mission Statement.
- Demonstrate the ability to work safely and comply with the Cooperative’s safety rules and OSHA regulations.
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the position which is often in outside environmental conditions, with those being both heat and extreme cold at times.
- Be available for occasional on-call duty and assigned overtime as required.
- Must be willing to reside within a 20 minute drive of the service center – 1781 219th Ln, Boone for on-call duty.
- Must be able to pass applicable pre-employment physical examination and drug test.
Education & Experience:
- Must have completed an accredited Power Line program with training in overhead and underground installation and maintenance. Prior experience is preferred but not required.
- Start will be ASAP. Those graduating May 2018 from a Power Line school need not apply.
Licenses & Certifications:
A valid Driver's License is required. A valid Class A CDL is required.
How to Apply:
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
All applicants who are selected for a position within Midland Power are required to pass a physical examination, background check, and drug test when employed.
Midland Power Cooperative provides its full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances, sick leave, vacation, holiday pay and 401K.
Midland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.