All applicants who are selected for a position within Midland Power are required to pass a physical examination, background check, and drug test when employed.
Midland Power Cooperative provides its full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances, sick leave, vacation, holiday pay and 401K.
Midland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Temporary 1,000 Hour Lineman - Boone, IA
Midland Power is seeking qualified candidates for a 1,000 hour Lineman at our Boone, IA Service Center. The service center is located at 1781 219th Ln, Boone, IA.
This position will perform line construction, inspection and maintenance of overhead and URD distribution lines under the supervision of a First Class Lineman or Foreman.
- Patrol the line and check for defective materials, equipment or unsafe conditions; notify foreman or supervisor of problems found.
- Perform the duties of groundsman and lineman. See that trucks, tools, and assigned equipment are properly used and kept in good working order.
- Understand considerable hazards that exist, including falls, electric shock, electric flash, automobile traffic, and falling objects.
- Understand and utilize safety equipment.
- Learn and comply with all safety policies, OSHA rules and regulations.
- Applicant must possess a HS Diploma and Diploma/Degree from an accredited Utility Line Program.
- Ability to read, write, and utilize computers or tablets is required.
- Ability to understand safety material and instructions is also required.
- Applicant must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical, as well as maintain an acceptable DMV report.
- Applicant must possess a valid Class A CDL.
- There is potential (no guarantee) for one (1) full time position at any time during or at the completion of 1,000 hours.
To apply CLICK HERE. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE