Power in YOUR hands
Become involved in solar energy without the additional costs, construction, insurance and maintenance required with a personal solar system.
Visit our Facebook page to see more photos!
Check and see what the array is currently producing!
Please note: the gauge does show production in February, this was when we were testing for maintenance and reliability. Any sharp drops in production during the month of February were caused by maintenance and construction that occurred.
About the program
NEW Price!: Only $655 a module!
Buy 10 subscriptions, get the 11th FREE! Buy 20, get 2 more subscriptions FREE!
Module info: 147 kW utility-scale solar array is comprised of 524 - 440 watt (DC) high quality modules.
Production: The entire array is expected to produce over 250,000 kilowatt hours annually!
- The program runs March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2037.
- Subscriptions are still available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The sooner you subscribe the more credits you'll receive on your bill!
Tax Credits: Unfortunately we are not CPAs or lawyers. For questions related to tax credits, members should consult their tax advisor for tax advice specific to their situation.
How it works
- Monthly bill credit for each subscription based on the real-output of array for that month.
- One subscription would benefit from the energy generation of one module (1:1).
- Any credits that are leftover each month will be carried into the next billing period (but will expire at the end of the 20 year program).
Community Solar vs. Personal Solar
Installing your own solar array
- Will cost between an estimated $2.80 - $3.80 per installed watt (DC). Cost does not include the maintenance, repairs, or insurance costs.
- If you aren't typically home during the day when the sun is high and your solar array is producing the most energy, the energy not being used in your home goes back out on to the grid at our avoided cost rate which is lower than the residential rate.
- You'll need to find space on your property that is away from any trees (i.e. your roof or on the ground).
- Solar array is a permanent fixture on your property.
Our utility scale community solar array
- The purchase price of a subscription is less than $2.00 per watt (DC).
- Regardless if or when you are home, you still receive the benefit from our solar array at a rate that is comparable to our residential rate.
- Our utility scale solar array is a much larger system than what most consumers would put on their property and is predicted to have a higher energy output per module than the average personal solar module.
- Subscriptions are transferrable.
- No need to find space on your property. Our solar array is located on a tree-free property!
- Avoid future energy cost increases - if rates go up, so does your credit
- Enjoy having no maintenance, insurance or repair responsibilities
- Reap the benefits of solar without having it installed on your property
- Production credits appear on your monthly bill
- Keep roof and shingle warranties valid
- Transferable if you move or can be reassigned to another member
Who can participate?
Any active Midland Power member is eligible. Any non-member or member can purchase and gift a subscription for another member of Midland Power.
How many subscriptions do I need?
Every member of Midland Power that has an active account is eligible to subscription to at least one subscription. Members can subscribe to the output of as little as one module or multiples - depending on your average monthly usage from the last 12 months. To determine how many subscriptions you are eligible to subscribe to, click the button under the "Ready to get started" heading or call us at (800) 833-8876.
Ready to get started?
Call us at (800) 833-8876.