WHAT TO DO IF YOU LOSE POWER
- Check the fuses or breakers in your home or at the meter pole if you are able to.
- Any issues from the meter pole to your house/building are your responsibility (including the breakers in your house). Please contact an electrician. We can only fix issues from the meter pole to our service lines and beyond.
- Check with your neighbors to see if their power is also off. If your neighbors have power it's possible the outage is on your side of the system.
- Report your outage using the options below.
- Like or visit our Facebook page to see updates and information on major outage situations.
REPORT AN OUTAGE
Download the SmartHub App, login and select "Report/View Outage Status" and then select "Report Outage."
SmartHub - Desktop
Login to your SmartHub account. Click on "Report An Outage" under the Quick Links section.
*New users will need to register first.*
Call Us - If you don't want to use SmartHub or don't have a SmartHub account to report your outage, call us 24/7 at (515) 386-4111 to report your outage. Our phones are answered 24/7.
Be prepared to give one or more of the following when calling:
- Service Address
- Account Number
- Map Location Number (on your bill)
Like or follow us for updates on major outage situations, news, events, and more!
CAUSES OF OUTAGES
The most common causes of outages are:
- High winds
- Ice or snow
- Farm equipment or vehicle contact with poles or wires
- Animals (squirrels, raccoons, birds, etc.)
- Trees and branches in contact with lines
- High power demand that causes overload