Stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer with energy efficient heating and cooling systems.
Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Most efficient heating and cooling system available, providing 70% more savings over a conventional system
- Qualifies for our discounted electric rate
- Federal tax credit available
- Efficient systems that transfer heat to or from the ground
- The earth’s temperature remains steady year-round and can be harnessed with a geothermal system to make homes comfortable
- Much longer lifespan than traditional HVAC systems, as the loops are buried underground, not exposed to harsh weather, and the units are housed indoors, with no exposure to extreme weather conditions
Closed Loop: $400/ton + $100 for hybrids
Open Loop: $300/ton + $100 for hybrids
Replacement w/ existing loops: $150/ton
Air Source Heat Pumps - ENERGY STAR® , Standard, Hybrid, & Mini Splits
- Qualify for our discounted electric heat rate
- Transfers heat between your house and the outside air
- Use a system of coils to evaporate and condense a refrigerant with the help of a compressor
- During the summer, the heat pump functions as an air conditioner. During the winter, it runs in reverse and provides heat
- Can replace air conditioners and integrate well with your existing duct work.
- New technologies in air source heat pumps has also allowed for a new hybrid heat pump that uses LP or natural gas in addition to electric energy, allowing for additional efficiencies
ENERGY STAR® Units (incl. hybrids & mini splits)
SEER (Seasonal Energy Eff. Rating): 15+
EER (Energy Eff. Rating): 12.5+
HSPF (Heating Seasonal Perf. Factor): 8.5+
Incentive: $300/ton + $250/unit
Standard Units (incl. hybrids & mini splits)
SEER: Under 15
Heat Recovery Ventilators
- Take heat from inside your home and transfer it to the incoming fresh air from the outside
- Works similar to an air exchanger
- Unit must serve the entire conditioned space of the home
- Must meet ENERGY STAR® efficiency ratings below to qualify for an incentive.
- Does not qualify for our discounted electric heat rate.
- Gas or propane furnace units do not qualify for an incentive.
ENERGY STAR® Units